Ovakill
Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/syfex/advanced
Talent Spec:
Feral Bear - 0/32/9
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec:
Quite standard Bear spec. I'll explain some of my choices;
2/2 - Brutal Impact (5s Bash Stun, 10sec CD Skull Bashes)
Simple, being able to interrupt every 10 seconds can lower raid damage, eg: Halfus Wyrmbreaker, and with a tank interrupting it frees up a dps for something else.
1/2 - Stampede
The haste when pulling w/ charge helps build some initial rage (but really, not much). It was really a leftover talent point, and putting in KotJ is worse considering Enrage sucks when actively up when tanking, and generally when off-tanking I have to lower dps so I don't aggro anyway.
3/3 - Perseverance (-6% Spell Dmg taken)
For a tank this is awesome, and it makes Bears the only tanks with passive spell damage reduction. Considering most of the time spell damage cannot be avoided and must be soaked, this talent pays off over a DPS increase.

Glyphs:
Prime:
+5% Crit chance on Lacerate
+10% Mangle damage
+5 Sec on Berserk

They're the only Glyphs that benefit Bear tanks.

Major:
-25% Chance to be critted when Barkskin is up (1min cd) no duh for tanking.
+ Maul hits another target for 50% of the damage. Great for when tanking two targets to help build additional threat on the other without AoEing.
+ Frenzied Regen also increases heals received by 30% (but no longer converts rage to hp).

Apart from also being the only Glyphs that benefit bears, Frenzied Regen is beneficial since popping it when <30% hp will bring me to 30% and help the healers bring me up much faster than Frenzied Regen ever could on it's own. I didn't grab Faerie Fire, simply because I haven't found a need for using it during 30-40yds yet.

Minor:
-30secs to Challenging Roar CD.
+No reagent for Rebirth (battle res)

Simple, lower CD on Challenging Roar helps with picking up adds & the battle res reagent means I have more bagspace and less consumables to maintain.

Gemming:
Priority: Agility > Stam / Mastery

At the moment Agility is a Bears best stat, it gives AP, Dodge & Crit, and scales with MotW, it also scales better with encounter mechanics that modify stats.
We get enough hit from our gear or reforge if it is exceptionally low for some reason.

Generally speaking I try to get agility into every slot,
Red: Agi
Yellow: Agi + Mastery
Blue: Stam + Agi

Last week I was being a bad bear and stacked as much Stamina for heroics, after hearing horror stories of tanks being 1shot n' stuff. Turns out this was false, and I regemmed and re-enchanted for agi, and reforged to dodge, and I'm now at 32.89% in bear w/ MotW.
Healers have been noting how much easier I am to heal and don't actually have to drink after each pack of adds.

ReForging:
At the current tier, reforging the stat that isn't Mastery into dodge helps a lot.

What makes you an exceptional player?:

I'm a good all around player, and have played competitively in Starcraft, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC), and so I have a good skillset between RPG/MMORPG, RTS & FPS games.

I have a good reaction time, and good raid perception (at least as much as is possible when a boss is so big and standing ontop of you that his crotch takes up half your screen). I've played a lot of classes and every role so I understand how that role thinks, and so I can put myself in their shoes.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, flickr, imageshack, tinypic):

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since January 2005 (~6 years)
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
I've played around with a lot of characters and tend to prefer a pro-active playstyle (eg: building combo points) over a re-active playstyle (eg: waiting for procs to be able to use key abilities)

In PreBC/Vanilla I played a Druid & Rogue, and when Barthilas opened up in 2006 I created a priest and raided with him but around the time Naxx came out I levelled up a rogue and played him for BC. Playing the WotLK beta I tried out a few classes and liked pally tanking and did that for a bit of WotLK, but took a break from the game as it wasn't very rewarding or challenging for the time investment. I returned a few months before Cata to level up a druid and play him in preparation for Cataclysm, I don't really consider his achievements worth much as the game was saturated with easy gear, encounters that could be mostly made trivial with gear. My prime was in Burning Crusade.

I have played, but not raided in AION & Everquest.

For PreBC I wasn't playing too seriously as WoW was my first Major MMORPG and it was quite new for it's time.

As I said earlier early WotLK wasn't challenging, and was quite buggy. I joined a top guild as their only Pally Tank and they demanded a lot, but after 3 weeks of 100% attendance, being early, bringing consumables, gearing up as much as possible outside raids and still not being brought to a raid frustrated me. I finally got into 25man raids and found that my client would d/c me on bosses (due to combat spam, not addons), so I left as continuing would have only slowed down their progression.

Yellow = Complete
Orange = Some Completed
Grey = Not Completed

Pre-BC / Vanilla;
- ZG
- MC
- BWL
- ONY
- AQ20
- AQ40 (up to Battleguard Sartura)

BC
My Rogue's Achievement Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/syphex/achievement#168:14805:a653
- Karazhan
- Gruul's
- Magtheridon
- SSC
- TK
- Hyjal
- BT

- Sunwell

WOTLK
Pretty much Pugged my way through the 2nd half of WotLK, and downing bosses in welfare epics isn't any indication of my skill. I honestly never got to kill the Lich King, sadly I returned a bit too late and while being a 6k gs tank, I didn't know the fights so nobody would take me, and any groups that did, ended up being full of fail.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? They are interested in 10mans and I would prefer to do 25mans, they're also not quite as hardcore and active about raiding as I would like.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
PreBC:
- Creation
- Resurgence
TBC:
- Imminent
- TIMTAM FACTORY
WotLK:
- Severence

Personal Facts
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, QLD, GMT+10 (AEST)
Regular play time: All day, I have no life atm (no partner, no kids, no job, no uni), kinda prefer logging on in the early morning when there's no queues, less players on to get dailies done, etc. Normally with no queues and no commitments I play till 4am server time or so, but if I have shit to do I will usually log at midnight. If I'm not on WoW I'm usually on my computer programming and can be easily contacted by MSN, or if I'm sitting in Ventrilo, that too.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes, and can go for many many hours after.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
You're an established top-tier 25man Raiding guild. You've got the skilled players, the right mindset and the maturity of a guild that I'd like to join. In all encounters with Proxy members they have been polite, professional and exceptional players.
How did you hear about us?
Apart from having an awesome reputation on Barth, in WotLK I did a few heroic spams with some Proxy members. In addition to
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
I hugged some of your members at the AH once! jks. I don't know anyone in depth, but I'm willing to tank a few heroics if you'd like to get to know me better.
Can this person vouch for you?
I'll mail some TimTams to anyone willing to vouch for me.*

*Must be within Australia. Offer expires 24/12/10. Not redeemable for cash. In the horrible event that TimTams are not available, we may substitute with a similar item of our choice.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
CPU: E8400
RAM: 4GB
GFX: ATI HD5850

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
aaNet, ADSL2, 80GB and no shaping. I don't DL much anyway.
Do you disconnect often?
Pretty much never.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
No. My ping is usually stable unless there's a WoW problem. That being said if for some reason it became an issue, purchasing a tunnelling subscription is no problem.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
Nothing for Cata, and nothing that a run of a heroic wouldn't tell you.

I realise you guys aren't actively recruiting Feral druids, and you seem to be really full on tanks and Firao is an active feral drood already. You are recruiting heavy melee dps (paladins, warriors & rogues), and so I wonder if it would be possible to run along as Cat. I'd also be happy to swap to my rogue and finish levelling him to 85 and start raiding, I could probably have him decent by Wednesday next week with a bit of help, a lot of BoE epics are starting to pop up and I have found an easy way to farm ore (and therefore swim in gold), so I could probably buy a few pieces to help stay competitive until I could get heroic/raid/archaeology gear to fill the slots.

If you've got any questions, just message me ingame (Syfex, if not then Syphex), I'll probably level him up today anyway.

jks. My first serious character was a Feral Druid back on Smolderthorn back in the days when druids were only healers and feral sucked majorly.

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Feral Druid - Syfex

Post  Fozby on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 am

@Barkskin glyph, aren't you meant to be uncrittable in the first place?

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Syfex on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:38 am

Ah you're right. I feel silly for having that there now. I've changed it to Glyph of Rebirth which gives players ressed by battle res 100% hp.

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 pm

your name is Dan

were yu once an elemental shaman who use to be in Noctis

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Syfex on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm

No, I'm not him.

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Post  firao on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Name these 2 guys.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Syfex on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:55 am

Sorry for not being able to come up with a funny answer Firao Sad.

The faces are that of Bert and Ernie, as for the gomTV presenters, I don't know their names.

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Post  firao on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 am

Syfex wrote:as for the gomTV presenters, I don't know their names.

EDIT:

Last edited by firao on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 am

Name this couple

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Syfex on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

@Firao :<

@Puudizz Im sorry, I don't know their names

Also:

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Syfex wrote:@Firao :<

@Puudizz Im sorry, I don't know their names

Also:

-2 for the Noob Gook Nova wannabe, theres not enough boobs

disappointed....

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Syfex on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 am

I am now disappointed in myself. Crying or Very sad

Can I give some of these to make up for it?

Syfex

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:16 am

what the fuck is going on in this thread
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 am

listen to the words Kald

"Tell ME WHY"

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Viskus on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 am

Boobs or GTFO
Viskus

http://www.wilkindesign.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 pm

EUUURRRRHGHHH

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

If this was your pet would you call it boomboom?

megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:16 pm

If this was your pet would yu call it Fozby?

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 am

Accepted.

PST an officer ingame.

~Skitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content