Server: Barthilas
Current Guild:
Armory Link:
*New Armory
*Old Armory
Talent Spec: Unholy DPS - 4/0/32
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec:
Pretty cookie cutter, there is not a lot of choice these days, points in bladed armor because its really the only reachable decent dps talent outside the unholy tree at level 80 (and it gives a reasonable amount of AP of course), 1 point in ams for absorb to rp conversion, with the rate we gain rp and the conversion ratio, 1 pt is enough i to cap you on most aoe type abilties in icc atm.
Overall i found the 4.0 changes to be rather amazing with shadow infusion into dark transformation, as well as timing death coils for maximum runic corruption uptime is a lot more fun than the old more rotation'y orientated dmg method. And with a good amount scourge strike damage still, festering strike is a great new ability, not only increasing disease duration, but doing a decent amount of damage in itself, and converting to death runes for more scourge strike damage! All these changes work out pretty amazing with each other, and using unholy presence again is a great bonus.

Glyphs:
Ghoul: Increase ghoul dmg and hp, Ghouls these days are pretty substantial part of our dps, and now with added cleave!
Scourge Strike: Changed for 4.0 to increase the damage of the shadow portion of scourge strike, instead of the pathetic disease duration increase it used to provide (was capped unlike festering strike now)
Death coil: Decent damage buff to an ability that is already a relatively high percentage of our dps.
For a good aoe fight like anub, ldw, val and possibly LK if needed for more valk dps(guessing you guys don't have this problem?) would switch to the Icy touch (20% more frost fever dmg) and death and decay (50% extra duration) glyphs to boost the aoe dmg output.

Gems and Enchants:
Strength is still king with haste coming up closer than previously, str/haste in yellows for str bonuses, and str/hit in blues for meta/socket bonuses.
For enchants, they are pretty standard melee dps ones pretty much, str on glove unless need the hit, Rolling in Unholy presence these days again, so dont need run speed on boots, safe to get ap, or hit if needed, really not much choice here.
I have changed my Meta temporarily to the chance on hit to proc 480haste meta for now, until they fix the dps ones blue>red requirement.

Reforging:
On items with haste, reforge crit to hit where needed. Otherwise items without haste, reforge crit to haste.

Mastery is still horrible for unholy even though recently buffed, they should change the mastery to be shadow damage or something, the mastery is too good for aoe, and crap single target, at least as shadow (scaled appropriately of course) it would increase death coil and shadow strike's shadow dmg potion, making it decent for single target, and only increase one disease for aoe, making it less OP in that regard.

What makes you an exceptional player?
Well I have a quite a bit of experience playing wow, i played a Shadow priest for a long time before they really became that viable, but i was always able to make it work pre-bc, I really enjoyed it, and i really enjoyed proving people wrong too even if it cost me a shit load in consumables (mana pots, whipper root tubers, sp pots/elixirs and even flasks back then) during this time i really learned a lot about how to get the most of out the class im playing, and push it as hard as i can, I self learnt all these concepts that i see in dps guides of recent, like keeping a high uptime on the bosses, positioning ahead of time where you can, being prepared for what is going to come at you. I play what i enjoy, so that i have fun doing, its a lot easier to pay attention and make the right decisions when you are really into what you are doing and care about your performance. I find making use of logs and comparing them against top players to be very helpful, i know a lot of people do not understand how to read the information, but i think i have a relatively good grasp on it and can pick up some of the glaringly obvious faults as well as some of the more subtle as well. I believe i should be able to excel in an environment with like minded people.
Given the way our guild has been preforming of late, i had taken it upon myself to try and cover the gap and instead of playing a really aggressive selfish dps type style, i would always be the one trying to cover where people were not doing their jobs properly, things like running out to get spikes on marrogar because range were tunnelling, taunting and kiting adds away from healers while tanks picked them up on ldw, kiting second or third oozes on rotface when people couldn't figure out what to do with the small ones, going on orb duty on princes when a hunter has his pet sitting next to him on princes while tunneling boss and fire orbs >< while being unable to listen to vent... etc etc etc.. Im not saying these are good things i should be doing, or that i was carrying the raid, but i did them so we could move on, stupidly thinking that if we got to LK before sunday we might actually get some attempts going on him; just that I put the raid first.

Link to current UI screenshot:
Yes i have a near square 19inch monitor, old one packed up, have not replaced it yet.
Sorry its just on a dummy as i don't have any recent screenshots of my UI while raiding.
Macros are:
1 - Icy Touch with pet attack macro'd in, with the new way unholy hardly ever uses icy touch unless switching targets, i find it works quite well (obviously doesnt work as well if pestilencing to a close mob)
4 - Scourge Strike with pet claw attack macro'd in so that ghoul does not cap its energy, which it does do without forcing it to use the ability (Caused by lots of beautiful haste)
F - Strangulate, with strangulate focus if exists
Shift-R - Haste pot, unholy frenzy, blood fury and cast gargoyle (always do a quick ~180 spin and cast then turn back, between auto attk swings, so that it doesnt try and melee boss)
Shift-E - Mind freeze, mind freeze focus if exists
C - Summon ghoul, if ghoul out, then sets pet to attack and cast gnaw on mouseover target.
Shift-G - Oh Shit macro, use Healthstone, use health pot (if not on cooldown i guess), generally i've used ams or icebound if something gets that bad.
S - Pet passive
H - Mouseover Raise Ally, also whispers the person that they are a ghoul also.

Non-Visible Keybinds: I dont like showing bars all over my screen it feels cluttered (several hidden for mounts/gearests/other consumables/random on use items, so i only have mostly cooldown based or main abiltlies shown on these bars, not that it isn't ugly, but yer! Incase curious, 'H' is
Shift-V - Horn of Winter, was toying wtih a cancelaura macro but other than in a BG i havn't had the need to use one.
Shift-B - Army of the dead
Z - Mouseover Focus macro
X - Gargoyle/pet retargeting macro, used to get rid of pet targets, put them on passive them make them attack mouseover target

I obviously swap pvp trinket with Taunt if i was to pvp as unholy (using frostlol atm though), and have taunt put into scourge strike pvp macro.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since around March '05

What is your raid experience?

Pre-BC (Jubei'thos and Stormrage):
MC - cleared with 2 different guilds con-currently
BWL - one guild wiped on vael for a month, other nearly 1 shot it and continuted to clear the instance in about 2 weeks raiding and got nef about 4 times before tbc raidstop
ZG/AQ20 - full clears with both
AQ40 - unfortunately only just had a few attempts on first boss before dwindling numbers before tbc release, we were well undergeared with our tanks having only just got 3-4 piece wrath etc.

TBC (Jubei'thos):
Kara - cleared
Mags/Gruul - pretty significant number of attempts pre-nerf without getting it legitimately (grow bug ftl :-\ )
SSC/TK - full clears before the big nerfs to trash/timers etc, entrance to hyjal done, also played a lock and warrior to get them keyed when they were unavailable to raid.
Hyjal/BT - full clears
Sunwell - only up to muru

WotLK (Gundrak then Barthilas):
Naxx/maly - cleared
OS3d - cleared (non zerg)
Ulduar - 25man cleared with all HM's minus no watcher yogg. (No Celestial Defender because adept transfered and stole it QQ etc)
Ulduar - 10man cleared with all HM's minus no watcher yogg, apparently was in top 10 oceanic for drake achieve, not 100% on that though.
TOGC - cleared, only mad skill though after icc came out, but before LK normal.
ICC - cleared all but HM LK 25, attempts up to phase 2 (generally the only melee who wasnt getting knocked off by shadow traps).
RS - cleared normal, attempts on both heroic...

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Currently i am an officer of Pogue Mahone, having been one of the founding members of Elysium which the guild was called before coming to Barthilas. While i was glad to finally get off Gundrak, most of the officers and the GM quit the game when we transfered, so it was a completely different guild really once on Barthilas, we still had a lot of decent players that came with us, but the numbers have dwindled and while we were successful in getting some good players to join and clear ICC and its hardmodes, it has been a rapid decline in the level of skill displayed by guild members, and i personally do not feel as though it is a very encouraging environment to raid in. Obviously I guess that I am partially responsible as an officer, but i prefer to be a more behind the scenes kind of guy with sorting stuff out, and i just dont have the time to help all these players who could really use it, I am not a very good leader, and that is not why i accept the position as an officer.
The last raid we did had about 15 trials in it, and when i look at the guild roster, even if we moved to 10man raiding I don't see it being a guild i really want to be a part of any more, it has lost what i enjoyed so much about it.

Something more general that I have come to notice, is that when you learn a fight properly, the next time you go to kill the boss you get it in one or two tries, because you already worked it out, everyone knows their roles and boom u move on. With the pogue over the last few months its just so blatently obvious that the people we are raiding with have no F'n idea how the fights work, you can explain it over and over and they still don't get it, they cause wipes by doing dumb stuff over and over but everyone else carries them to a kill eventually. It is kinda like a domino effect, and eventually unless you start kicking a lot of people to rebuild, it will never improve, and you end up losing your good core that the guild was built around, the reason you keep raiding. Personally I think we should have attempted a guild merger back when things started getting bad, to pick up some decent players to fill the void and up the average skill level of the guild, but it was never really on the cards with several of the other officers. I don't wanna bag people out, I've never been one for drama, but we had a chance to save the guild and we let it slide by.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

Pre-BC
Irish Clan-Stormrage - zg thru half bwl - US Timezone though
Vex-Jubei'thos - lvl 29 pvp guild, grew through to clearing BWL just before tbc launch, when i left to join Demise after lots of people left
TBC
Demise-Jubei'thos - Guild with promise, started just before TBC Launch with a lot of top players on the server, ego's get in the way and it disbanded during kara...)
[color=#CC0033]Ascending Darkness-Jubei'Thos - Kara thru half way thru BT)
Genesis-Jubei'thos - Top horde guild on jubei, joined for rest of BT after Ascending darkness disbanded, were halfway through sunwell when disbanded after GM quit playing (GM later came back half way thru ICC and reformed with a lot of its old players and is now top on the server again).

I stopped playing for a while here when i got a new job that required early starts and the late raid times weren't working, so was a bit slow getting into WotLK raiding again, as free transfered to Gundrak with IRL mates who cudn't stand the 9k queues on jubei'thos (HUGE mistake transfering).

Wrath:
Just the one guild, Elysium/Pogue Mahone
###TLDR version###
Elysium-Gundrak - 10man guild that eventually became top on server with enough merges before transfering off together and forming .
Pogue Mahone-Barthilas - Current guild, which has been 11/12 HM ICC25 for several months before we stopped raiding.

### Other Version###
There was only one decent guild on gundrak at the time of transfer on hordeside, who were totally full. I didn't enjoy leveling my priest any longer so took the time out with an IRL mate to start the DK area, and really enjoyed it, ended up getting my dk to 80, joined a naxx 25pug while in full greens basically and got invited to the guild (Mainly cos of OP 32/39 dominance lolol), it was later reformed into without half the bads, where we ran 25naxx pugs, picking up good players where we could, until we were able to get past Thaddius the Pug ender and finish Naxx lol.

We struggled in Ulduar with a lack of numbers, but continued on with our decent 10man group. Eventually gaining members from other guild disbands and getting enough to raid ulduar 25 properly and moving on to server first Yogg-Saron kill (before rainys alliance guild lolz, mainly cos we camped one of their more vocal members outside the instance until we had enough for a full raid, and went in all pumped up and killed it before them!)
later faction changed to join us to finish of the hardmodes and start toc.
During ulduar 10, we basically didnt really research the fights too much as not a whole lot of information was really going around at the time, but looked up the bosses abilties and went from there. I have never had so much fun raiding before, we would run in and get stomped instantly, and check logs and find out what happened, and fix it, rinse and repeat until the boss was down, move to next boss... IMO that is how the game should be played, everyone putting in their ideas, everyone knowing the fight inside and out!

We continued the same 10man thru to hardmodes with basically no roster changes over the whole time, and made serious progress thru the hardmodes, getting firefighter etc before the nerfs, staying up to 3am several nights a week to push on the harder bosses when we were making progress. I think we spent about 5 attempts where we were within 5% of killing firefighter when he enraged, when our offtank said, maybe he could use his dps spec and gear and basically one tank the fight, he wud just reflect the head in p3 lol.... and we got it first attempt after that haha. And yes, we felt pretty dumb afterwards, since we were nearly trying to 9man it!

ToGC went relatively smoothly, but slow on Anub progression, not getting a kill until after ICC was released. ICC went reasonably well considering the change of server etc, obviously turning stagnant on progression for the most important part.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: Evenings after work, until late usually. Weekends when ever i'm not asleep or out.
Can you make all the raid times: Yes, my prefered raid times.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
I obviously have seen the way you guys successfully merged, and have grown the guild, completed what was left of the game rather swiftly, and managed well after the 4.0patch changes, very active guild even during this quiet time in the game pre-xpac and I am keen to play with like minded players
I have basically never gquit a guild before in my wow lifetime, nor have i ever put in a formal application. I have always been 'shoulder tapped' i guess you could say, so this is my first guild application and i choose to apply here after considerable thought. I stay loyal to the guild i am a part of, I would like to grow within a good guild, and i believe i have something to offer.

How did you hear about us?
First day on the server, Boomboom pst'n me and saying 'You are in my spot, move'. lol i was standing on the wrong side of the dal bank steps. (Obviously he wasn't in proxy then, but I have always been aware of NE/Cross before the merger). Hard not to hear about you guys being in an end game guild on Horde-Barthilas.

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Rainy/Pluvi, who i have raided with since before coming to Barthilas

Can this person vouch for you? Yes, i asked him before app'n also.

Why should we accept you into Proxy?
I believe i have a lot to offer, given my past experiences with seeing such a large amount of then relevant content, which i believe is immensely useful. I am well aware of the race that comes with a new x-pac, and for me, they are some of the best times i've had in the game. I was one of the first priests to 70 with the release of TBC on Jubei'thos, and involved in those first few raids when we finally had enough people leveled to get into the first raid and start competing with the other guilds, who were more well established guilds. It is the time when all the gear is basically reset and you cant just use that to your advantage. People have to work together, finding out ways to defeat encounters as efficiently as possible, keeping it at a fast pace, instead of using fires, :-(.
I have been extremely loyal in my time in this game to the guilds i have been in. I have never had to app to a guild before now, as I always stuck it out, never caused any dramas, and was a valued raider. I enjoy progression, i don't want to just join a guild to get gear, or an achievement, i want to learn and beat the encounters with the guild.
I have basically perfect attendance, and was first on our guild EPGP nearly since we started using it. I know a lot of people say that loot is the reward for raiding, not the reason you do it, but i do believe that, and as long as i have enough to stay competitive, i aint gonna be complaining, and often pass to spread it around and keep others happy. Spending so much time on a loot council, you hear so much whinging, i could never imagine myself being like that, ever.
Also have near 100% raid attendance.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes and I know how/when to stfu!
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 4gig of ram, Dual Core 2.87ghz, ati radeon 4670 (box was made in a rush on a very limited budget, but got it because of its upgradability as money was tight at that time, will be upgrading pieces after xmas probably) It runs fine, no choppyness unless doing mass aoe (ony/sindy whelps).

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telecom NZ, ADSL2 20meg
Do you disconnect often?
No, only had one problem about 12 months ago, around shaping, and it was fixed the next day and actually made my connection better afterwards. I am actually scared to change ISP's as i have never had such a solid stable connection before, even tho i have not moved more than 1km in the last 7 years/4 houses/3 ISP's. Even tried cable too, was less reliable.

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No, I have tried out the free trials outside of a raid and took quite a few tries on the different servers to find one that actually gave me a better ping, then the next day it was a lot worse, hence I didnt find it worth the trouble, having 180-230ms usually in a raid/dal, will go as low as 130ish in howling fjord or something when not a lot of people around, without tunnels. Have not tried that new one in NZ yet though, might make a difference.

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
Unfortunately have no raided in over a month, but i did do a random pug i joined on festergut to help an IRL mate out, which i logged, absolutely atrocius group, but over a 4minute 30 festergut normal kill >< i managed to sustain just under 20k dps (would have been over if i didnt get all three crit procs on dbw...), which is pretty decent i think, ended up with 15th on WoL (lol).
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/lo1gxjbhovyk74nx/sum/damageDone/?s=905&e=1178

While its obviously harder to compare such a long fight with a shorter one, i think it does show some good aspects of play, like RP gains from Absorbing through AMS, decent Dark Transformation and Runic Corruption up time's considering how little of the fight spent bloodlust'ed.

I did previously did hold 4th on Saurfang as Frost DW around the 20/25% buff when our guild was still going pretty strong and still using 264 weapons and str gemmed, vs some 277 geared arp'ers at the time. Was very happy with that, stayed in top 10 for at least a month and slowly dropped down with the next level buff. That was the only times I'm aware of that I made top 10 in ICC.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
Don't hate me because i wrote a fair amount!

I have an 80priest (shadow/heal), 80 druid (resto), 80 shaman(ele/resto) and 80 lock, planning on slowly leveling a rogue and my currently 75 warrior too. I will most likely level one of the healing classes once 85 and as geared up for raiding as i can get.

Very keen to do rated bg's, i got rank 11 pre-bc on my priest running with the HWL team against the GM team on jubeithos, also rank 6 on another priest at lvl 49 too.

thefiretruck

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Thefiretruck - DeathKnight/Unholy DPS

Post  ineedtofu on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:33 am

thefiretruck wrote:First day on the server, Boomboom pst'n me and saying 'You are in my spot, move'. lol i was standing on the wrong side of the dal bank steps.
wolfpack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 am

Raided with Anyala/Firetruck for one and a half years-ish. Has had near flawless attendance in that time period and always had a good attitude towards progression. One of very few people from my old guild that I'd vouch for.

GL with your app.
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  Geometry on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:14 am

Just adding my 2 cents worth. The guy can play. Anyala/Thefiretruck has excellent awareness and it is extremely rare to see him make a mistake if at all. He will always be extremely competitive on the DPS charts and would be a great asset to your roster.

Cheers

Geometry

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysti on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 am

I know I'm only a peon around here, but I'd also like to throw in there thefiretruck = CHAMPION! He knows his stuff, has amazing raid awareness, always competitive and made me appreciate how insane dk damage really can be! Smile

Mysti

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 am

very nice app
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Geometry wrote:Just adding my 2 cents worth. The guy can play. Anyala/Thefiretruck has excellent awareness and it is extremely rare to see him make a mistake if at all. He will always be extremely competitive on the DPS charts and would be a great asset to your roster.

Cheers

we dont want your 2 cents worth go transfer already

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Rainy wrote:Raided with Anyala/Firetruck for one and a half years-ish. Has had near flawless attendance in that time period and always had a good attitude towards progression. One of very few people from my old guild that I'd vouch for.

GL with your app.

can he name all SNSD members in your sig in order
does he know gee gee gee baby baby baby?

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:45 pm

thefiretruck wrote:
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes and I know how/when to stfu!

if yu just play and JUST STFU thats win Wink how about that !

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Puudizz wrote:can he name all SNSD members in your sig in order

naa, not gook =(

Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 am

Rainy wrote:
Puudizz wrote:can he name all SNSD members in your sig in order

naa, not gook =(

sighhhhh -1 for not gook enoughness
hmmmmm -1 for standing in my spot in dalaran MF

yM
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:48 am

Ignore the troll ^

+1 from me for being an ol jubei'thos playa......

Even tho i didnt raid with you >.>
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

Overall a really good app, Just slightly worried about you not raiding for over a month can greatly affect your awareness and dps ability's as dummies will never make up for a bossfight.
The other big worry is that you had over 100 games in this recent season in arena and your highest team rating was 1503, with that gear and a Shadowmourne, even if you aren't a big pvper it shows alot of room for improvment.

Your raiding Experience and rotation seems spot on, just gonna give you a little quiz here, which would you blow first:
Gargoyle
Deathcoils to empower your pet Then gargoyle.
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 am

pvp is a joke
that quiz was a joke
accepted for trial

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content