[Withdrawn]Damatura - Unholy DK (Frostmourne Server)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Withdrawn]Damatura - Unholy DK (Frostmourne Server)

Post  Damatura on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Damatura

Server: Frostmourne
Current Guild: Undead Poets Society
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&cn=Damatura
Talent Spec: Unholy - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Frostmourne&cn=Damatura&group=2
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: ** REQUIRED **

I have taken the standard high single target DPS spec all unholy Dk's should be using.
Blood/Unholy do not lvl well with our base stat - Str, where as Frost/Unholy does.
I have used the glyphs to complement the frost side of my unholy spec, the icy touch glyph
is highly OP for what it does, the ghoul glyph beefs my ghoul - which is a major part of my dps,
and the 3 minor glyphs are simply the BiS glyphs for the class, I mean, if you can get rid of
having to cart about reagents, why not? Wink

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): ** REQUIRED **

Scroll down men, scroll down..

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? About a year, I took 5 months off, came back for real in
April this year, have been playing every day since. Something about smashing the LK in the face with a big fucking axe makes
my day complete.

What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO?

(I FORGOT TO DO THIS Q!) - I know all of ICC10 12/12 normal 10/12 HM. 11/12 normal 25M and around 7ish 8ish of 12HM..
I have cleared Uld10, I have the rusted drake, Naxx was shit, don't make me go back there Sad

D2 + D2expac, let's face it, they were awesome.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?

I am on Frostmourne, honestly, if you have played there, you would know how horrible it is, they are trolls
and really quite an unfriendly group of jackasses, it's hard to enjoy raiding when all you see is the bullshit
keyboard warrior QQing in chat. Trade is not trade it is a bitchfest, it's full of ninjas and genuinly bitchy
folks, it'd sooner drink bleach then go back to that place if I can escape it.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

Stockholm Syndrome (I started as a casual here), Phoenix (was a hardcore raider for them, but man they were truly terrible), Tickle Me Emo's alt run (I went here to escape terribads) and my own guild - Undead Poets Society.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Sarah (why don't you have pink as a colour option???)

Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Sydney, Aust.
Regular play time: Anytime, I am a lazy uni student.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yep.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I got sent to check you guys out by another guild on the server who had no places for DKs
I chatted with your GM and he seems like a pretty damn funny guy, if you are as all as funny as he is, really, who'd not want to join, Duh.
How did you hear about us? Someone from Barth in another guild Smile
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No one aside from your
GM who I chatted to briefly.
Can this person vouch for you?
No. But I am sure my dazzling wits will.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Is this a trick question?
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? .... really? 0_o yes, I do.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):

# CPU - Intel®️ Core™️ i7-720QM Processor* (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
# Display Panel - 15.6" Diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
# Standard Memory - 4096MB 1066MHz DDR3 (2 Dimm)
# Hard Drive - 640GB 5400RPM
# Optical Drive - Blu-Ray ±R⁄RW with SuperMulti
# Networking⁄Wireless - 802.11b⁄g⁄n+BT WLAN, 100⁄1000 Ethernet
# Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GT 230M with 1024MB dedicated Graphics
# Operating System - Windows 7 ®️™️ Premium

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? ADSL2 Telstra.
Do you disconnect often? HAHAHA, no.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? WOWtunnels.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

http://i33.tinypic.com/5n8add.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20pygk2&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wbrssz&s=4 <--- cause tanking r hard

If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.

Ask your GM, I made him laugh. Smile pig

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Re: [Withdrawn]Damatura - Unholy DK (Frostmourne Server)

Post  Fuls on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Ok gonna do some nit picking here...
Your meta Gem is wrong and your gemmed over hitcap should change your Hit+strength gems to Haste+Strength only if you are over hit cap though..

Edit: Expertise in my simulator is currently wrong as its statweight is apparently to high compared to multiple calculations from other sites etc ignore what ive said about it, could be wrong, but I like solid numbers not relying on chance my own personal preference and wont expect others to do the same...

Other than that everything looks fine, this guilds melee dps is VERY competitive so GL with the app

Last edited by Fuls on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Fuls wrote:Ok gonna do some nit picking here...
Your meta Gem is wrong and your gemmed over hitcap should change your Hit+strength gems to Haste+Strength only if you are over hit cap though..

Also the recommended expertise for unholy is 20, your a bit under it maybe changing a gem from strength because its crucial that none of your plague strikes miss thats up to 1000dps+ loss every time one of your diseases drop..

Other than that everything looks fine, this guilds melee dps is VERY competitive so GL with the app

Accorting to EJ it's the better of the two for the set, apparently.

Meta-Gem

There are two meta-gems of interest to an Unholy DK: [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] and [Relentless Earthsiege Diamond]. All other options are uncompetitive. Although crit rating is superior to agility on a one-for-one basis, the latter meta-gem has laxer requirements: one red, one yellow, and one blue gem as opposed to two blue gems, and thus it all comes down to available socket bonuses as to which is most optimal to use.

For either meta, you want to use a [Nightmare Tear] to knock out (one of, in the case of the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond) the blue gem requirement(s). You may only use one Nightmare Tear in your gear, and it will count as a red, yellow, and blue gem, all at once.

---

This is the info I am going on here. I'd be happy to swap it about. One has a lax requirement set, that's all I can see as an outright benefit. I have also been lead to believe that expert rating for unholy DK's means sweet bugger all - I'll point you to Nightyniight from Tsunami on my server, his is 11. He is possibly one of the most frightening DKs I have ever had the unfortunate mishap of running into in WG (you know you've been PK'd when he PKs you)

Now I might be wrong here, and I am happy to admit otherwise. But from what I have read, it's not a big deal with us unholy lot, cause it has very little scale ability with our spells.

- S

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Last edited by Fuls on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Refer to first post edit reason)
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Fuls wrote:Expertise doesn't mean anything in pvp, it is crucial for dks to have 20 or above expertise, yes it doesn't matter as much but 50-60% of our damage is physical specially after the scourge strike change.

Also Im surprised a dk that runs around has 11 expertise could even put a dent in people...

He's best on server, and he was in PvE gear. Truly, the man is scary as hell. You see a Tsunami tag running at you, best off hearthing really. Sad mean Tsunami are scary.

I'll play with the gems then, see how it beefs the DPS. I was always under the illusion that expert means f/a to our DPS.

Smile

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Also the recommended expertise for unholy is 20, your a bit under it maybe changing a gem from strength because its crucial that none of your plague strikes miss thats up to 1000dps+ loss every time one of your diseases drop..

Mkay, I have swapped the gems about following your logic!

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Damatura wrote:

have you ever tried a spreadsheet or rawr to check the way to gem/enchant/etc
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:37 am

ineedtofu wrote:
Damatura wrote:

I used rawr not too long ago, I will re-enter the current gear and re-check. I know the enchants are all fine, the gems should for the most part now be correct.

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 am

ineedtofu wrote:
Damatura wrote:

Oh hai again, I threw my current gear through rawr, it's asking me to make some pretty weirdass changes.
Anyone a stats-junkie? I've about 10000 questions, i'm not willing to make the changes in case it's wrong.
Str/stam gems seem.. err.. pointless for DPS who could use str/haste or str/crit.

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

Strength > arp > haste > crit > hit > expertise > agi

Follow that simple rule with your gems and make sure if the socket bonus equals greater strength than just whacking strength gems in everything and you win.
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 am

Fuls wrote:Strength > arp > haste > crit > hit > expertise > agi

Follow that simple rule with your gems and make sure if the socket bonus equals greater strength than just whacking strength gems in everything and you win.

Oh! you're the man I am after!!!

Would you happen to be on now? I can log over to your server.. This rawr thing is making some dopey ass changes.
Like shoving a str/stam into my chest set and changing back to the meta I had originally.... it's making my brain hurt Sad

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 am

Had a good talk everything seems fine now with gems and enchants sounds like she knows what shes doing and is another dk in the guild so +1 from me.
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 am

i think you are forgetting about the dk known as Amspl fuls m8!
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 am

Spl wrote:i think you are forgetting about the dk known as Amspl fuls m8!

Does he wish pink was an option too?

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokki on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 am

Fuls wrote:Had a good talk everything seems fine now with gems and enchants sounds like she knows what shes doing and is another female in the guild so +1 from me.

Thats what you meant right fuls?

Rokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am

Rokki wrote:
Fuls wrote:Had a good talk everything seems fine now with gems and enchants sounds like she knows what shes doing and is another female in the guild so +1 from me.

Thats what you meant right fuls?

I told you all "Dazzling wits"

See, SYSTEM WORKS!

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

Spl wrote:i think you are forgetting about the dk known as Amspl fuls m8!

A dk that raids Razz I donno.... was told that I was only one in guild thats raiding
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 am

Hey there, if we do give you a trial, you're most likely only going to see farm content initially.

What are your thoughts to this? (until we kill H LK for the first time)

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:57 am

Roidzz wrote:Hey there, if we do give you a trial, you're most likely only going to see farm content initially.

What are your thoughts to this? (until we kill H LK for the first time)

I would be happy to farm the content up to HLK tbh and let people who just want to try and down him down him.

An 11/12 clear per week with a stable raid with good players where I never need to say "DUDE THAT'S CALLED SWARMING SHADOWS FUCKING RUN!!!!!!" ... that'd make my day. And hey, there is always 10m for a weekly asskicking of LK, amirite?

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:40 pm

According to new Stat weights supplied by EJ's from patch 3.3.5 with different gearsets is prolly why my mod fhked up as you go up in gear arp becomes more important than haste etc, ignore what I said about expertise apparently my sim is saying get more expertise with the more lag you have less with less lag, as every dodge is a global were dks have few spare globals in rotations while runes are cding... but the haste+ strength gems are right.
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Fuls wrote:According to new Stat weights supplied by EJ's from patch 3.3.5 with different gearsets is prolly why my mod fhked up as you go up in gear arp becomes more important than haste etc, ignore what I said about expertise apparently my sim is saying get more expertise with the more lag you have less with less lag, as every dodge is a global were dks have few spare globals in rotations while runes are cding... but the haste+ strength gems are right.

lol - you heard the carnage - now go report it to the guild. It was epic. Worst. Raid. Ever.

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 am

STOP BEING LAZY

link to facebook profile plz
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 am

Alright Dam Smile Xfer over and we'll give you a trial on next week's raids!

You're welcome to come asap if you want to do some 10 mans.

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Damatura on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:07 am

Roidzz wrote:Alright Dam Smile Xfer over and we'll give you a trial on next week's raids!

Mkay, let me put some money into my stupid debitcreditwhateverthefuckitis card and i will come on over!

Thanks guys Wink

And why am I posting my FB profile???

Damatura

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 am

Damatura wrote:
Roidzz wrote:Alright Dam Smile Xfer over and we'll give you a trial on next week's raids!

Mkay, let me put some money into my stupid debitcreditwhateverthefuckitis card and i will come on over!

Thanks guys Wink

And why am I posting my FB profile???

why not hahahha
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum