[Declined]Vampiressa - Marksmanship Hunter (Dreadmaul)

Go down

[Declined]Vampiressa - Marksmanship Hunter (Dreadmaul)

Post  Vampiressa on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 am

Player Information
Character Name:Vampiressa
Server:Dreadmaul - Horde
Current Guild:<Now in Stereo> (currently ranked server number 2)
Armory Link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dreadmaul&cn=vampiressa - Although I do believe that armory is currently bugged, can post stats / gear build if needed.
Talent Spec:2/31/3 - MM
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:I am currently specced into Marksmanship. At high gear levels MM pulls ahead as the top dps spec; however, it should be noted that it is more difficult to play MM well. A competent player could very likely see more dps from SV than MM even at high gear levels. A very good player is able to stack cooldowns, maximize movement-based dps, and handle multiple-target dps better – and MM gives a greater advantage than SV to the players who is skilled at these things.
As for my floater points in MM tree, I went into bombardment as opposed to Resistence is Futile due to the fact I find using multi-shot alot more on current encounters over an 8% chance on targets movment for a free kill command which hits like a wet noodle in MM.
Prime Glyphs: Glyph of Steady Shot - being one of the highest dmg output for a hunter, there is no doubt why this is a major glyph selection. Compared to any other major glyphs, that can even be considered a boost for hunter dps (glyph of the hawk for example), glyph of steady shot is a clear dps improvement.
Glyph of Arcane Shot: Now with the removal of ArP, arcane shot is back into the hunter rotation. 12% increased damage provides higher dps than any other glyphs that can be offered to a MM hunter (except glyph of SS, KS of course).
Glyph of Kill Shot: With most bosses having soft enrages and hard enrages the last 20% of a boss really counts, so more burst damage the better. Bosses such as H BQL (back when it was first released) had a very short enrage timer, this glyph providing burst damage. There aren't really any compareable Prime hunter glyphs that can contend with either of these 3 glyphs that I have chose, various theorycrafting sites and my spreadsheets back my decision up.
Major glyphs: Glyph of Disengage - Amazing for survivalability, also with the added Posthaste talent now that grants movement speed after using Disengage.
Glyph of Trap Launcher: My reasoning for choose this is that I find there alot of current boss encounters that have phase transitions / required traps (i.e phase transition on sindragosa after coming back down from air phase when she is out of range you can easily get a trap off infront of her pathing back to the tank before resuming dps, of course DBS is trap that almost requires hunter traps for the blood beasts which saves me alot of time running in to lay a trap etc).
Glyph of Master's Call: Not really having many other glyphs to contend with I prefer to have this glyph, sure a faster cooldown on detterence is good but I've never found detterence to be a life and death situation without being able to pop feign death. I mainly use deterrence as a boss or mob tanking ability (i.e marrowgar on bone storm or when its a close wipe I can distracting shot / detterence) but there's never really a time when it's on cooldown so I found that glyph inferior to master's call. I chose master's call simply for fights where I've been slowed and needed to get rid of it, fights such as LDW (incase several interrupt are missed and theres a long slow effect) and a ghost spawns near me or even LDW with arc mages and their frostbolt volleys - incase I get slowed whilst kiting a Blistering.
Enchants: Enchants are pretty basic for hunters, theres no alot of variety to choose from. I decided to put +16 agi to boots as opposed to agi + movement speed as I found disengage / posthaste to be enough, also with aspect of the cheetah assuming that there is no damage being taken.
Gems: With ArP gone there is a bit more behind hunter gemming now. I use all my blue sockets for +20 hit gems, which are now blue (seeing you could no longer get the +3% hit talent) and that gets me fairly close to hit capped. All red gems are taken by pure agi gems, any yellow sockets are filled with +10 agi / crit. I reach the socket bonus' if they provide a decent bonus (mostly being agi anyway). I no longer use a Siren's Tear any more due to the changes to hunter talents which no longer grants you Attack power from stamina. Hunter's only really use 10 agi out of the Siren's Tear now.
What makes you an exceptional player?I've been playing WoW since beta, being 18 years old and been having playing for nearlly 6 years now thats nearlly a third of my life. Not to sound like I'm boasting or in any way elitist but I have great raid awareness and can implement my dps rotation around mobility in fights. I do not tunnel vision on any boss, (yet to get hit by shadow trap, more than 1 tick of Defile, recently get hit by maleable goo or miss a kinetic orb). I'm a very competitive hunter and will do anything to prove myself to a guild even if I am not apart of the guild, I hate to have a bad name for myself on any server or guild. I personally hate being called out in raid for messing up, I make sure that if I mess up it does not happen to me again. In trying to keep my raid awareness I also like to be towards the top of the meters.
As stated above, I know my class through and through; I put the research into my class and it shows in raids.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): - Heatsink / KHT is hidden on this screenie, which is on the left hand side of the screen for ICD / auto shots. The raid is also displayed on the left hands side of my screen, going vertically on the very edge of the frame.

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?As stated above, been playing since beta of World of Warcraft.
What is your raid experience?Pre BC: ZG - cleared / MC - cleared / AQ20 - cleared / Ony - cleared / BWL - cleared / AQ40 - to twins / Naxx - attempts on instructor.
BC: Kara - cleared / ZA - cleared / Mag's Lair - cleared / Gruul's Lair - cleared / TK - cleared / SSC - cleared / MH - cleared / BT - attempts on illidan / SWP - none, but have gone back at level 80.
WOTLK: Naxx 10/25 - cleared / EoE 10/25 - cleared / OS 10/25 - cleared / Ulduar 10/25 - 13/14 (yet to kill algalon as I took a break from WoW last year when my server first guild was attempting him, had two lights in the darkness / firefighter / kkk on wood for hardmodes) / ToTC 10/25 - cleared / ToGC - none yet attempted, as I said I took a break from raiding and came back mid 3.2 as a casual raider only realising that I could not even raid casually as it would affect my studies) / ICC 10/25 - cleared / ICC Heroic 10/25 - 11/12 (been to phase 3 in 10man LK H, and been to phase 2 25man H LK)

Please note that I downed Vashj / kael / archi prior to the 3.0 health nerf. The health nerf came out as my guild was doing attempts on illi. I was also attuned with all raids prior to them removing them which was also annoying.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?Being in Now in Stereo we are constantly held back by people that forget to do something or keep casting with unchained magic etc etc. Theres always someone with an excuse for why they messed up and don't do anything to fix it. It's these same people that don't seem to be given any warnings of even demotions for their constant stuff ups which is letting the guild down. About 10/25 of our raiders are amazing, some getting close to getting on top 20 WMO / WoL boards.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?I have 2 notable guilds that I have been apart of in competitive raiding. My first being <Adept> back in 3.0 before they really had a name for themselves. Although they were only just starting out on Dreadmaul, the raid leaders were still focused to push their raiders (like they have succesfully now) which made turn it up a notch. I learnt alot about how raids should be run and abit of insight into a starting out world class guild...and loved it!
My second guild of note would be Endless Fury on Nagrand. I was in Endless Fury back in 3.1 (prior to taking my break from WoW and coming back 2 weeks into the release of ICC) and whilst in there as a guild we downed server first Mimi Firefighter (25m), KKK on Wood (25m). Back in 3.1 EF was ranked #17 as an oceanic guild for both horde and alliance, this is where I really developed my taste for competitive raiding. I further improved my skills as a hunter and really began to delve into the mechanics of hunters and theorycrafting for myself. I was promoted to a core raider within a month and a half of being in the guild. My reason for leaving EF was due to my HSC studies were taking up alot of my time and was finding it hard to balance WoW / studying / social life / work. I decided to take a break from WoW to focus on my other real life concerns. As I was talking to the officers and letting them know of me taking a break for lengthy period of time we currently had a hunter application that was looking promising, after trialing the hunter I found it was my best time to take my leave from the guild (that hunter is now in Adept on his priest lol). I transfered back to Dreadmaul and rejoined my old guild as a casual for 3.2 (never did togc, just cleared toc).

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only):Jamie
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please):NSW, Central Coast. GMT +10 (Server Time)
Regular play time:I mainly have shifts during the day so I generally playing afternoons / nights. The days I have off I'm doing dailies / achievements etc. Playing 7 days a week.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):For Cataclysm yes, as of right now I would be missing the odd monday or two due to shiftrunning at work. Now in Stereo use mondays as an alt raid so it's not a problem for me; and most guilds do old content / alt runs on last raid day of the week. Come Cataclysm I will be taking monday nights off to ensure that I have 100% attendance, seeing most guilds raid sun, mon, wed ,thur.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?Although I'm having a great time in NiS and acquired a raider rank in the first week and am loving the people in the guild, I still do not believe they can fulfill my hunger for progression and having a world ranking guild on the server I am now applying for Proxy in a shot of a trial to attempt to prove myself. As stated above in my application I'm a very competitive raider and hunter, I am very progression hungry which pushes me to better myself as a hunter and raider. I think WANTING to be one of the best gives you the drive that alot of other people do not have.
How did you hear about us?I checked oceanic realm forums.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Not that I know of. But will hopefully be meeting you all soon Very Happy
Can this person vouch for you?N/A
Why should we accept you into Proxy?I always put 110% into my effort into raiding. If I'm late / cannot make a raid night I always notify someone, I have most of the guild leaders / officers mob phone numbers incase I couldn't get to a computer to let anyone know lol. Researching boss fights prior to raids, being prepared with consumables (pots, flasks, food buffs etc) which I know is a must for all raiders anyway :S. I do realise that you aren't currently recruiting hunters but I feel that I fulfill the *exceptional* class and specs to be considered. Prior to WMO getting wiped of pre 4.0 rankings I had various top 100 normal mode rankings, including sindra, pp, LK. I was also ranked number 15 for 10man sindragosa Heroic. This was without my recent Halion trinket which was a significant dps increase when ArP was still available.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?Yes.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?Yes I do have a mic, I only usually talk if required. I like to let the raid leaders lead their raid and I feel it keeps everyone focused. But I will talk if needed to.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):6gb ram, 500gb hdd, 2.8ghz i7 930, gtx 260 Nvidia
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?Currently with iinet ADSL2 Broadband (not too savy with internet stuffs, only computer hardware etc)
Do you disconnect often?I rarely disconnect, maybe once every 5 months? Even then it's usually due to server side lag or sindy trash Very Happy lol
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?I ended my wowtunnels subscription last year after leaving Endless Fury, now wanting to get back into competitive raiding I am looking at resubscribing.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:Cruelty - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/guildcalendar/83080#calendar (all logs were parsed by me so I should be in every event in these logs, pretty sure they no longer parse logs after I have left the guild)
Now in Stereo - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/guildcalendar/31566#calendar (there are some logs in there of 10man H LK and all other heroic encounters, once again I parsed these logs and should be in ever one of them).
As a note these were all prior to 4.0 release and have not yet had a log parsed since so dps may not be accurate.

Thanks for reading my essay Very Happy lol. Looking forward to a response!
Anxiously waiting,
Jamie Very Happy

Vampiressa

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined]Vampiressa - Marksmanship Hunter (Dreadmaul)

Post  Skitzone on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 am

Assuming you have all key-bindings shown .. you click.

- Rapid Fire?!
- Readiness?!?
- MS
- Ice Traps
- Snake Traps

:?

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampiressa on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:48 am

Cooldown macro, multi shot is keybound. I have only have 1 keybind for a certain trap, depending on what fight it is I switch the traps around just to keep it simple with keybinds...if a fight requires two different traps I set up the keybinds. I'm not a clicker :S lol

Vampiressa

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:36 am

ahh k, looks better now Smile Personally find it better to have it all bound but its not really a huge issue. Id probably definitely have MS on a key bind (mortal strike) debuff as it was pretty handy back in the day (anub, champs).

Just gotta wait for the armory 2 fix it self up b4 i can breakdown ya gear choices :p

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampiressa on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Oh yeah widow venom, I can bind that easily enough but I don't like to as I've had previous experiences when keybinding everything you might accidently hit it when it's not needed which wastes focus etc etc which is why I like to keep it simple, same with the traps...if you accidently hit the wrong one it can be pretty damaging. I can answer any gear choice / builds / glyphs / gems if ya need, not too sure how long armory is going to be broken for.

Vampiressa

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:38 pm

BC: In BC I was in Noctis Erus (Cant remember which server again sorry), clearing all content up to Kael / Vashj - I was a raider in NE.

^Found that from another app you wrote a few weeks ago, dw

What was your old name in Noctis?

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampiressa on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that is was Notcis Erus with a "u" on Jubei Thos. My hunter was named Kornchipz, troll hunter at the time.

The GM was Khallah and his wife was a druid that was an officer.

Vampiressa

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampiressa on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:47 am

Just curious if this app is still under consideration?

Update: I have hit number 32 on H Sindra 25m, and 8th on norm LK 25m on WMO; few others such as 118 on H PP 25man. I also have my opening rotation down now and am fully confident with hunters and their new resource.

Looking forward to a response.

Vampiressa

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 am

Still looking into your app, we'll have a straight answer for you tomorrow.

EDIT: Had the chance to look into some of your WOL, currently running with 3 raiding hunters, I can't see how we would be able to fit another, Also seems like your a bit behind in gear, underperforming in your most recent WOL for the average hunter.

Declined.

Regards,

~Skitz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum