[Declined] Xcentrik | Enhancement

Go down

[Declined] Xcentrik | Enhancement

Post  xcentrik on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Xcentrik
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: parabola
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Xcentrik
Talent Spec: Enhance 19/52/0

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Best current Spec for enhance which is explained here:

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t88300-enhancement_bis_gear_set_up_discussion_3_3_onward/

Use all best enchants / gem, the aim is to get as much haste as possible while staying exp / hit capped

What makes you an exceptional player: i push my buttons in the correct order to do dps, and know when to move,
i dont tunnel.

Link to current UI screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 5years

What is your raid experience? all content to date, done more than others, includes all vanilla / tbc content, WOTLK
all content upto H LK

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Parabola has just broken up,
many of the core group have joined Red Sun

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of: Schism - reformed to parabola

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): Ash
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Auckland, Nz , GMT+12
Regular play time: anytime, unemployed
Can you make all the raid times: yes, things may change in early march ext year, but i doubt that

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy? Progressed through icc25 hm's twice. Looking to finish current content and your one
of the few 12/12hm guilds recruiting enhance shamans.

How did you hear about us: word of mouth

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No, i dont think so

Why should we accept you into Proxy: i see myself as a pretty competent raider, and im always around,

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? yes

Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? yes

List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 4gb | AMD 3.40ghz Quad | Radeon 5770

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection: Telstra NZ | Its stable

Do you disconnect often: No [Weds night without tunnels i dc on big trash pulls],

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnel: i have both lowerping / wow tunnel accounts both active

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: None, 15k+ saurfang if it helps
will add some screenshots
[i]

Last edited by xcentrik on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Xcentrik | Enhancement

Post  ineedtofu on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): ** REQUIRED - Healer UI's need to be in raid combat **

Removing the 2nd part of this on the app template doesnt make it less required.

Back to top Go down

Post  xcentrik on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:12 pm

if you read the bottom of my app, i said i would link some screenshots, im currently not on my comp and donot have my ui / addons active, it will be around an 30-40mins before i can link.

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Post  xcentrik on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 pm

UI note* camera is normally zoomed out more, the dummy forces you into a corner when attacking from behind,

also use sound ques for sheilds and MW+5 procs over visual.

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 am

Hey, couple of questions

1. "Use all best enchants / gem, the aim is to get as much haste as possible while staying exp / hit capped"
The spell hit cap for a draenei enhance shaman is 341 to my understanding, and you're at 297 at the moment? That would put you at 15% hit with the Draenei racial and a 3% hit debuff in raids. Please explain, because there's no excuse to not be hit capped, you should be gemming for it if you aren't capped.

2. With 51.50% crit unbuffed you are actually over the melee crit cap, so you need to gem a lot more hit (160 to be exact) in order to compensate for this.

3. Are you clicking a few buttons or have some bindings hidden - i.e. Healing spells, Fire Ele, Cure Toxins, Lust. haste pot etc? Granted things like that are on a bit of a longer cooldown, but spells like Cure Toxins and especially your healing spells are key to have bound. Esp true on a fight like Lady D if a rogue or DK gets some poisons or diseases off; as for healing spells, well, self explanatory

It's the first two questions that I'm more interested in - those are really pretty basic things for an enhance shaman. The crit cap may not be common knowledge to everybody, but a person in high end gear such as yourself should be aware of it. Are you running Enhsim or anything of that nature to assess upgrades and gemming?

Also, since 4.0 seems like it will be out very soon have you been keeping up with the fairly large changes being made to the spec in general?

Did your old guild record WoL/WMO? Would be good if you could link one, if not, then a recount showing which abilities you used would work

wall of text over, good luck with the app!
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 am

Hello what is the combat text you are using cos it looks pretty balla
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  xcentrik on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:04 am

Spl wrote:Hey, couple of questions

1. "Use all best enchants / gem, the aim is to get as much haste as possible while staying exp / hit capped"
The spell hit cap for a draenei enhance shaman is 341 to my understanding, and you're at 297 at the moment? That would put you at 15% hit with the Draenei racial and a 3% hit debuff in raids. Please explain, because there's no excuse to not be hit capped, you should be gemming for it if you aren't capped.

2. With 51.50% crit unbuffed you are actually over the melee crit cap, so you need to gem a lot more hit (160 to be exact) in order to compensate for this.

3. Are you clicking a few buttons or have some bindings hidden - i.e. Healing spells, Fire Ele, Cure Toxins, Lust. haste pot etc? Granted things like that are on a bit of a longer cooldown, but spells like Cure Toxins and especially your healing spells are key to have bound. Esp true on a fight like Lady D if a rogue or DK gets some poisons or diseases off; as for healing spells, well, self explanatory

It's the first two questions that I'm more interested in - those are really pretty basic things for an enhance shaman. The crit cap may not be common knowledge to everybody, but a person in high end gear such as yourself should be aware of it. Are you running Enhsim or anything of that nature to assess upgrades and gemming?

Also, since 4.0 seems like it will be out very soon have you been keeping up with the fairly large changes being made to the spec in general?

Did your old guild record WoL/WMO? Would be good if you could link one, if not, then a recount showing which abilities you used would work

wall of text over, good luck with the app!

1. Had wrong belt on, if u were to check now i would be at 344 hit, the other belt is better with BIS gear but not before hand.

2. from my own sims it doesnt seem worth going for the extra hit from for the crit cap unless i get a tiny abomb as i lose 160 haste, were as if i had the tiny abomb [normal or heroic] a few quick gem swaps would fix it, if im wrong ill change it but i dont think i am,

3. as for clicking - i click bloodlust / fire elemental totem, i switch spells in and out for binds shift MWup dwn / e / z.

as for 4.0 i feel im up to date i haven't had the chance to test it out myself but im sure it wont be a problem,

the combat txt is standard blizzard ui, the windfury crit thing is shockandawe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*note - without replinishment, i go oom about 5-6 secs before shamanistic rage comes off cooldown. were im just swinging - n

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 am

are you saying you will replace HWT if u get tinyabom and not WFS?

i was under the impression HWT + H TINY abom was BiS for ICC gear
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  xcentrik on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:23 am

megarambo wrote:are you saying you will replace HWT if u get tinyabom and not WFS?

i was under the impression HWT + H TINY abom was BiS for ICC gear

no, im saying i will replace wfs with tiny abomb.

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:21 am

That's better on the hit front, but you should still gem the extra hit you need to crit cap - it's 73 hit now so 4 gems will do it (or 3 20's and then a hit/ap hybrid might be a tiny bit more dps). it's a pain to lose the haste, but wasting a bit more than 2% crit from your gear is even more so Wink.

Norm abom's not really too amazing anyway (h WFS is most likely better), but it would allow you swap some pieces around.

everything else looks decent, gl with the app
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  xcentrik on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 am

Spl wrote:That's better on the hit front, but you should still gem the extra hit you need to crit cap - it's 73 hit now so 4 gems will do it (or 3 20's and then a hit/ap hybrid might be a tiny bit more dps). it's a pain to lose the haste, but wasting a bit more than 2% crit from your gear is even more so Wink.

Norm abom's not really too amazing anyway (h WFS is most likely better), but it would allow you swap some pieces around.

everything else looks decent, gl with the app

if im accepted i will have to swap around a few gems anyway due to losing 1% hit racial, so i would do that then, if not well then it doesn't really matter as i wouldn't be raiding.

xcentrik

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:51 am

Declined. Thanks for your application but we're going to have to pass on you for now.
Good luck search for a raiding guild.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum